Saturday, August 21, 2010

After cooking what is the best way to get rid of the extra oil that is left in the pan?

I don't want any grease or oil going down the drain, because it causes clogging.After cooking what is the best way to get rid of the extra oil that is left in the pan?
~I'm Italian/Polish. We soak it up in a nice bread and eat it. Better to clog our arteries than our sinks.After cooking what is the best way to get rid of the extra oil that is left in the pan?
I pour it in an old soup can from the recycle bin and let it cool then toss it. But I have no garbage disposal either.
Add little soap and water in pan and through out side in yard over the weeds on the driveway or any where have weeds.soapy water and oil kills the weeds,
Drink it
If you mean veg oil, save it. Re-using it is no problem. Some strain it first, but it keeps just in a jar in the cupboard for quite some time. Some places even have you collect it in a jar and put it in the recycle portion of your trash. They recycle it to make bio-diesel fuel.
I use paper towels to sop it up %26amp; put it in the trash can.
Well you can put it into an empty milk carton (cardboard) and put it in the garbage or search the internet for a way to use it to make suet for birds.
Use it to kill the weeds in your garden
I save like a leftover spaghetti sauce jar, clean it out, dump my grease / oil, put the lid back on and when its full I put it in the garbage can and take it outside.
I keep an empty Crisco can in the freezer. When full of oil and grease I toss it out. What ever you do,do not pour down the drain with hot water. The water is not hot enough to keep the grease from coating your drain pipes.
after you fry your meat, open a can of green beans to go with. then pour the grease into the can, stuff a couple of paper towels into the can, and throw it away.
use non-stick pan.when u use non-stick cookware than u no need much oil for cooking.
Get hot water running in your sink, then poor it down the drain mixing in with the hot water. That way it flows on down and doesn't go solid on the cold sink or plug up the pipe.
When I use oil and don't want to throw it out, I usually strain it and put it into a bottle to use again. If you don't want to use it, then get a plastic bottle and put it in there and throw it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment