Saturday, August 21, 2010

I stripped the threads on my oil pan.?

And I was told to try an oversized plug. Unfortunately, I can't get the bolt to start going into the hole. Is there a trick to get the bolt started?I stripped the threads on my oil pan.?
they also have emergency self threading metal plug repairs.ive used em, i got 1 from napa.if not, get a matched drill and tap,and that sucks.pass both through a magnetizer before you use em.I stripped the threads on my oil pan.?
Don't feel too bad, this is pretty common. You can usually get an over sized plug to start by applying a lot of pressure on it as you slowly turn it.


I don't recommend a rubber plug - if it fails, the results can be disastrous.
Heli coil kit or get a rubber plug that you insert %26amp; twist.





Kragen/Auto Zone has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment