Monday, August 23, 2010

Why does my husband put olive oil in the pan and then immediately take a paper towel and wipe it out?

this drives me crazy, I want to know if I am wrong or is he wrongWhy does my husband put olive oil in the pan and then immediately take a paper towel and wipe it out?
He is coating the pan prior to cooking and does not want the extra oil in it. Olive oil is however very pricey, so why doesn't he buy the olive oil spray. This way he can just spray the pan without wasting oil and a paper towel to boot....Why does my husband put olive oil in the pan and then immediately take a paper towel and wipe it out?
He is seasoning it. Basically what that is, is a way of keeping the pan non stick such as a cast iron skillet. This is a perfectly normal thing to to and helps preserve the life of the pan.
It perfectly greases the pan just enough. I do it too. Let something else drive you crazy.
He's seasoning the pan. That's usually a good thing.
Usually this is done on cast iron skillets only. Its supposed to help ';season'; the pan I guess. It helps the cast iron from becoming dried out.
I just got a set of teflon pans and they recommend using a light coat of oil after you wash them.
well lots of people use olive oil as a non stick material. so, by wiping it off he is just making sure that large amounts of it arent left over. It doesnt matter if any reminents are left over, because they will just cook away, but hes right, but that doesnt mean your wrong, its just his way of doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment