Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do you change the oil in the pan every time you cook?

My family reused the oil . A bit cheap I think now.Do you change the oil in the pan every time you cook?
If it's been cooked in my stainless steal pans then yes I clean out the pan and put new oil in the next day.


If it's my cast iron skillet, then I get any loose food out, put a nickel sized drop of oil in the pan and mix it with the old oil to reuse for later. Depending on what I'm cooking it gives the food a great flavor.


After about a week or two I clean out the pan and start over again.Do you change the oil in the pan every time you cook?
I always change the oil. My father used to save it %26amp; it grossed me out. Anything you're frying will leave little bits of stuff in the pan %26amp; he sifted them out instead of changing it. I'm big on good food %26amp; I don't think you should cook a new meal with the flavors of the old meal lingering in a pan. I want fresh oil with no disruption to my dish.
yeah ..you should wash your pan and change the oil in it everytime you cook..it's cleaner ..and can prevent bacteria and stuff that can make you sick or be seriously harmful.





Unless your making a whole bunch of batches of one thing then you don't need to wash the pan til you're done, but yes I would still change the oil.
It's perfectly fine to do that, depending on what you've used it for and what you'll use it for the next time around. It's wasteful not to.





I just fried some breaded eggplant in oil. It's still good to use again. I strained it, and will be able to use it at least one more time before tossing. If you fry fish, strain and refrigerate it and use it one more time for fish only.
It depends on what was cooked in the oil. You don't cook anything in the same grease that you cooked fish in - YUK. After making home made french fries I save the left over grease for the next time I make fries. It just all depends on what you cooked in that grease the first time %26amp; if it is stored properly afterwards.
If you mean deep frying something like fried bread, I use oil within the same week with similar foods. You just make sure to strain out any food each time you use it.





If it is an egg in a little peanut oil, I wash it each time.





It used to be called being cheap but now we are doing our part to sustain our environment. :)
If it's in a pan, it always gets changed unless I'm reusing it right away and the flavor will work. If it's the oil in the cast iron pot I use for deep frying, then no, I won't change it until it smells burnt or off.
If it was a deep fryer, yes I would strain the oil and re-use it. I'd use it 3 times max and the last batch would be something smelly like fish or onion rings.





Unfortunately, I refuse to deep-fry anything.
No, first because you don't want to throw away good oil even if it was used once. Second you can throw it away if you cook different things, like you can not cook fish with eggs in the same oil.
as long as the oil is clean and doesn't smell





you don't want to fry dough nuts in oil that has previously


cooked fish
if it's from the same day and what im gonna use it for isnt much different from what i made with it before
';Clean pan, clean oil'; is the rule I always follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment