Monday, August 23, 2010

On my 93 f150. I have the oil pan off I just need advice on the oil pump.?

the pump works by squezing the oil through two gears. and this cereates pressure.. if you are uncertain replace it and the filter.. its cheap.. the only thing that can go wrong is a pressure relier valve ..but i never heard of any trouble. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/___W0Q鈥?/a> here are some pumps why do you want advise.. make shure you clean that pan so you could eat from it and install good gaskets. ok.On my 93 f150. I have the oil pan off I just need advice on the oil pump.?
You arent giving much information, what do you kneed to know about the oil pump?On my 93 f150. I have the oil pan off I just need advice on the oil pump.?
Just make sure you install it with a torque wrench. Most oil pumps do not have a gasket between the block and pump. It is very important to have the pick up tube/screen installed exactly as you found the original. there's normally a slight angle to the pick up tube/screen and this needs to be duplicated on the new tube/screen. Best to take the old pump with the tube/screen still attached to a machine shop and have them pound the new tube/screen to the pump and finish it with a small weld or braze to keep the tube from moving or falling out after the new pump is installed. Also, use one of those high performance steel collared oil pump shafts rather than the old shaft with the plastic sleeve that always crumbles with age.





Since you have the oil pan off and the engine upside down you might as well change the main and rod bearings since this is the #1 cause of low oil pressure. Changing the pump will not change the pressure if the bearings are worn out of spec's.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment