Monday, August 23, 2010

How long do I fry chicken cutlets? Also, how much oil should I use in the pan?

I want them to be nice and moist. They are the thin sliced cutlets.How long do I fry chicken cutlets? Also, how much oil should I use in the pan?
well when i make cutlets, i dip them in beaten egg, the coat them with breadcrumbs or cornmeal, ( cornmeal is healthier and crunchier), and fry two or three at a time in a hot pan with about 1/4 cup oil.... make sure the oil is hot before you put your chicken in the pan or the coating soaks up the oil and gets soggy. about 2-3 minutes on each side on med hi... you can tell when it is cooked because the meat turns from pink to white....


cook the same amount of time without the breading on it....How long do I fry chicken cutlets? Also, how much oil should I use in the pan?
Thin is an arbitrary term.


But...


The oil should just barely be enough to cover the bottom half of the thickest cutlet.


Then once the oil is hot enough, the cutlets should be cooked no more than 1 minute on each side. First try 1 cutlet to see if it is all cooked thru. IF not, extend the cooking time by about 15 seconds on each side. If after only 1 min on each side, they are not moist enough, reduce cooking time by 10 secondes on each side.


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment