Monday, August 23, 2010

Why does oil always pool to one side of my frying pan?

Is it because I have cheap frying pans? Uneven stove? Is it supposed to do that? It frustrates me when I am trying to stir fry and such. Any suggestions?Why does oil always pool to one side of my frying pan?
Either your stove or your burner is not level. Adjust it by slipping a samll pieceo of wood under the low side. You need a level to get it perfect. Or just guage it by putting water in the pan and adding a wooden wedge or something sturdy under the leg till the water is level in the pan.Why does oil always pool to one side of my frying pan?
Sounds like your stove is not level. There are legs on your stove that can screw up or down. use a level on top of your stove and screw legs in and out till it is level.


Also could be your pan is warped, if so , you need a new frying pan.
something isn't level starting at the floor and going up the pan itself. Could be any of them.
Purchase a better pan, one with a solid base.
Stove or burner aren't level, or pan is warped. It happens to me too, with old pans that I didn't care for properly..
maybe your stove top isnt level
it is probably that your pan is not level, one of my big frying pans does the same thing but not all my pans so its the pan
either your stove isnt level or the pan isnt level.. Happens to me too~ damn unlevel crap!!!
Your stove may be uneven, there is a leg on the bottom of your stove so you can twist it to even it out more, if you don't have a leg then try putting a piece of cardboard under it.
Something isn't level.


Anything you may have mentioned.
it shouldn't do that...reasons being:





-your frying pan is slanted, either it was bought that way or you took a hot pan off the stove and ran cold water over it, [this warps some pans]





-your stove is uneven





-your pan is just layn on the stove top so that the strongest part of the heat is at a certain spot on the bottom of the pan. The oil will naturally ';run away'; from the highest concentration of heat





no worries though, it shouldn't mess anything up

No comments:

Post a Comment