Monday, July 26, 2010

Why does water from my radiator leak into my oil pan in my 1996 Chevy 1500?

the truck runs, but could it be the head gasket? what else could it be? i heard some one mention the crossover?





1996 Chevy 1500 5.0L V8Why does water from my radiator leak into my oil pan in my 1996 Chevy 1500?
It could be a coolant leak inside the intake manifold coolant crossover passage in the front (where the thermostat bolts on) or rear (each side of the distributor). Have an inexpensive cooling system pressure test and go to Carquest and pick up a 4 pound radiator pressure cap till you get the mystery solved. Small block Chevies are not known for blowing head-gaskets as they have five head bolts around each cylinder.Why does water from my radiator leak into my oil pan in my 1996 Chevy 1500?
Possible cracked block,cylinder head or intake manifold, but may only be a head gasket.Does it 'white smoke' at start up? If so I'd suspect head gasket. If not and the oil (when u pull dipstick) is 'chocolate milky' looking, then probably cracked block,intake or head.Some background history on vehicle would help in making a 'preliminary' diagnosis.
There may be an oil cooler installed on the engine. Above the oil filter you may notice an adapter plate with two lines running in to the rad. The cooler in the rad maybe faulty.


Have the cooling system pressure checked.





禄禄禄
Chev V-8s are notorious for warping their heads causing the head gaskets to leak. When you replace the gaskets, have the heads checked for trueness, and machining if necessary.
Most likely it's a blown head gasket. If your blowing white smoke out your tail pipe it's a good indicator that you have a leaking head gasket. Get a compression check to be sure.
it's your head gasket go to the parts store and get 2 bottles of head gasket sealer and pour it into your radiator.
Most times a head gasket has failed on the chevy trucks. Lets just hope it is not a cracked head. I`ll keep my fingers x`ed for ya.
Its the head gasket, or in your case, 1 head gasket.
either a bad head gasket or leaking intake manifold gasket, get it looked at ASAP.
It is your cylinder head gasket that has gone. I doubt there is a hole in the engine block.


Dr Antony
Head Gasket is the problem.
possibly a cracked cylinder liner
Blown head gasket.
get a compression test then you will no exactly what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment