Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How could i change 1996 Toyota Camry oil pan?

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry 4 cyl with oil leaking from oil pan seal and oil pan rust. So, How could I remove the oil pan? how could I clean the old seal out? which one is the best way by using oil pan gasket or liquid sealant or using both( apply liquid sealant on the top of gasket)?


which oil pan's brand should I choose? SPECTRA PREMIUM, DORMAN, TOYOTA GINUINE PART.





I am very thank for anyone could answer my questions.





Thank againHow could i change 1996 Toyota Camry oil pan?
All you have to do is: Remove all bolts holding it on after you drain the oil from it...I don't use no kind of gasket sealer on oil pans...Only around the front and rear seals of it,I clean both areas with denatured alcohol before installing.Use the Fram brand rubber gasket set with the metal inserts in it for the best seal.How could i change 1996 Toyota Camry oil pan?
The pan is not hard to remove, you do have to move the exhaust also and there is 1 bracket that needs to be removed.


The gasket is FIPG (Form in place gasket), that is what Toyota uses.


It is just fine to use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment