Friday, July 30, 2010

When you make pancakes on the skillet, do i need to add butter or oil to the pan?

It's NOT a nonstick panWhen you make pancakes on the skillet, do i need to add butter or oil to the pan?
I generally give a little spray of something like PAM. Don't use oil, the pancakes will soak it up, yuck. Same with butter but if you like the butter taste it'll work, don't use too much, just lightly butter before each batch.When you make pancakes on the skillet, do i need to add butter or oil to the pan?
yes either worrkss otherwise theyll stick n u dont want thatt mess ;)
either one is fine.


i use butter cause the pancakes turn out fluffier then when u use oil
I always use a little oil and then wipe it out with a paper towel.


The spray oil is a no no for non stick. Technically you do not need any fat.
yes butter or margarine.
i use butter, just don't over heat. they'll brown nicely. use a heavy weight pan.
I usually melt the butter for the pancake recipe in the skillet I'm going to use and after I've used a rubber spatula (silicon so it doesn't melt) to scrape the butter out into the mixing bowl I give the skillet a good swipe or three with a paper towel or napkin to get the excess off.
Yes, or you can add a non-stick spray like Pam. Personally, I like to use a non-stick spray that is butter flavored. Yummy for pancakes or even hash browns.
Yes you do, I would add a little oil. Butter will burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment