Friday, July 30, 2010

Is it better to use oil to coat a glass pan for baking, or butter?

I have been using a glass pan for baking twice recently, and both times, the edges come out darker than what I would like. I have been using oil to coat the pan as well, should I use butter instead for better results?Is it better to use oil to coat a glass pan for baking, or butter?
Oil is better than butter but better yet, use a little solid shortening (like Crisco) spread on with a paper towel and then flour the pan. Shake off the excess flour. If you are baking something chocolate, use cocoa powder instead of flour. I personally use a product like Pam that has flour in it. I also use a product by Wilton called ';Cake Release';. Happy baking.Is it better to use oil to coat a glass pan for baking, or butter?
no, use the cooking spray, like PAM
try olive oil and if u r baking a cake try flouring it also.it all depends on what u r baking.
oil or butter would both be fine,,,but I would use the oil,,,put a piece of foil around the edge and remove half way through baking,,it will prevent the darker edges
Use either one then coat with a light dusting of flour

No comments:

Post a Comment