Friday, July 30, 2010

2001 ford ranger oil pan leak 6 cylinder 3.0 how hard to remove oil pan?

I was told I had to unbolt motor mount , lift motor to remove oil pan,front of gasket is blown out, but still atached. why?pcv looks good. could presure buildup be coming from other source? or bad gasket,or installed wrong? thanks!2001 ford ranger oil pan leak 6 cylinder 3.0 how hard to remove oil pan?
I dont know how much experience the other dude has, but i have 12 years as a ASE Tech and yes you do have to remove the top or bottom bolts of your motor mounts and raise the engine up enough to clear the oil pan past the front differential. you may also have to remove the upper Plenum to get the engine to raise enough to clear. Take head in the folks you ask questions to, you could end up braking alot more parts through neglect. The easiest way is to go buy a 15 dollar chilton or haynes manual to cover your vehicle.2001 ford ranger oil pan leak 6 cylinder 3.0 how hard to remove oil pan?
I've never had to do the oil pan gasket on a 3L ranger before, but I have had to do them in the past. I think you would have better luck looking at a Ranger forum site like www.therangerstation.com rather then asking questions here. The truth is, on some vehicles you are right, you do have to remove some very abstract parts to take things off. I've seen it where you've had to remove parts of the exhaust or cooling system to do a simple task, and that makes it not so simple. I'm a member of the ranger station, and I have found thousands of useful tips that I would have otherwise been asking here, and I have been getting answers that are a lot better. The guys there are either on the same side as you, needing help and asking guys with other Rangers and there are the guys who know how to fix that problem and are willing to help out. I would try that site for an exact explination. (I've seen som oil pans, where to do the gasket on them, theres over 7 hours connected to it.)
ha ha - no you dont you climb or roll under your vehicle and unscrew the bottom screw - i cant think of one reason you would have to remove your motor mounts to remove your oil pan - i cant think of a reason off the top of my head to remove your motor mounts unless your replacing your engine - or a very large portion of it -





try to replace your gasket theyre not that hard to do ( i can do it ) who ever told you to go through that i wouldnt suugest listning to them when it comes to cars - if its a garage definitely dont take your buisiness back there again

No comments:

Post a Comment