Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do you have to put oil in the frying pan when your frying a steak?

I dont have any oil left and I was wondering if I can just cook it without oil. Will it stick to the pan like crazy?Do you have to put oil in the frying pan when your frying a steak?
I'd use some butter if you have any. Also, cooking in a non-stick pan will help. I'm assuming your steak is a super lean cut.





In a pinch, what I would do to get some fat is fry a couple of pieces of bacon in the pan to render the fat from those, then use the bacon as a topping for my salad or vegetable.Do you have to put oil in the frying pan when your frying a steak?
Depends on the cut of the steak - if it has a bit of fat on it I wouldn't worry about it, the fat will provide more than enough grease to pan fry a steak.





You really should grill though! =D
i cook all the time without oil and rarely have what i am cooking stick. i usually use cast iron skillets.
Use a little margarine or butter, but do not get too hot.


The meat should add some fat to help cooking.
if its teflon or non stick pan it shud b rite :)
yes you need a little oil to moisten the pan bottom.
I agree that butter should do, but be careful as the butter can burn!
Most likely..


Try some butter maybe?
I would use butter with a little garlic salt
Nahh... Chop and onion and fry it all up with worcestershire sauce..perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment