Friday, July 30, 2010

If i drive with a motor flush in my oil pan will it mess up my engine?

i put a motor flush in my 1999 ford f150 and was gonna change the oil but cant find the filter my dad said to wait till saturday but i need my truck and it still has the motor flush in it can i still drive itIf i drive with a motor flush in my oil pan will it mess up my engine?
NO NO NO, I seen a motor blow up because it was run over 10 mins with this stuff in it, I will never use that stuff again, it is basically kerosene, it will eat the bearings up fast. I only use ATF to flush one if I have to. It won't hurt nothing and loosens up any sludge.If i drive with a motor flush in my oil pan will it mess up my engine?
FYI -- motor flush was designed for engines that ran with open crankcase breathers and on non-detergent oil, long before PCV valves and detergent oils were even introduced.





I doubt the motor flush formula used today is the same as it was back then, but who knows, you didn't bother to mention which you used and most of you seem to think that they are all the same?





I noticed that no one offered the opinion to just drain the oil and add fresh to dilute it, which is what I would have done and advised.





I wonder just how old the engine that blew up with flush in it was?





I have never seen a modern engine that even needs motor flush, I add a pint of marvel mystery oil to the crankcase if I hear a stuck lifter or add a quart of ATF to the oil and you can drive on either one.
The engine has build up of unburnt gas, crude, and built up oil sludge. There is small oil flow passeges in the engine. That oil drains from the top of the engine (lifters and cams etc.) to the bottom of the engine (oil pan). This is vital to lubricate the engine.





Oil Flush breaks loose these builds ups and can fill or block the oil's return path to the oil pan. It is not wise to do this.





It would be wiser to change oil and a filter with clean oil. The oil has cleaners in it that safely remove dirt that gets in the engine cylinders from combustion. Then re change it and the engine is safely cleaned that is o.k. with your car maker's recommendations.





Every Owner's manaul had the car maker saying they do not recommend additives. But they do recommend regular oil changes.





Also the motor flush is close to kerosene, that has very little lubricating quality like your oil. It also thins your oil. The motor flush recommends 5 minute idle, not driving. So your driving is putting extra wear and tear on the engine. Another no-no.
I would not drive it much with that stuff in it. If you drain the motor flush with out changing the filter now you will just have to do it all again when you find your filter. We used to put kerosene in our motors and run it a short time and the motor would smoke pretty bad. It didn't hurt the motor just smoking from the kerosene. In my opinion it would be best to get under the truck and find that filter.
no you drive with that **** in your engine and you will need a new motor in minutes tell me why did you even think of using that rubbish a friend used it against my advice and now he needs a new head on his motor the camshafts seized the only engines i recommend that for is new engines and even then there has to be a good reason like changing types of oil or something along those lines DO NOT USE IT on older engines
its not good to do that...since motor flush is mostly kerosene it will fu@k up ur valve stem seals.....change the oil and leave the old filter on then change again this weekend....or go to the store and buy filter for 4 bucks....up to u....
yes is will burn out the bearings,and alot of the oil pump screen will stop up if there was alot of slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment