Monday, July 26, 2010

How can i locate the oil pan for my 99 Alero. I never changed oil before on my own?

i never attemped to change in my life. how do i know where the oil pan is locatedHow can i locate the oil pan for my 99 Alero. I never changed oil before on my own?
The oil pan is under the engine. Put the car up on jack stands and use wheel chocks. When you get under the car, you will see the pan plug. Remove it and the old oil will drain out. Catch it in a drain pan. Remove the oil filter and replace it with a new one. Replace the oil plug and put in four quarts of motor oil. Start the engine and wait for the oil light to go out or the pressure gage to rise. Look under the car for any leaks. Stop the engine and top off the oil to the full mark on the dip stick. Remove jack stands and wheel chocks. Dispose of used oil as a hazardous waste. Some auto parts stores will take the used oil for disposal or recycling. When you get good at it, the whole operation should take about 15-20 minutes.How can i locate the oil pan for my 99 Alero. I never changed oil before on my own?
get a wrench and look under the car for oil leaks, then loosen the drain plug that looks like a bolt in the midst of the biggest oil leak, this will either be your transmission or your oil, the transmission fluid is red the oil is black. ps, put pan under it to catch oil, put plug back in before adding oil
If you don't know where the oil pan is located,I'm sure you could never find the oil filter...Take your car to a service place for oil change
15 mm plug, oil plug is on the rear. Oil filter is either on the passenger side or in the front. Maybe in the rear, oil filter is a Fram 3506
forget about it. is 20 bucks worth not taking the risk for getting a mouthfull if oil?
No offense meant, but if you have to ask where the oil pan is, you had best leave your oil changes to Jiffy Lube.
Crawl under the car. Look up. The thing that stares you in the face is the oil pan. There should be a hex-head bolt at the low point for draining the oil.
  • great makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment